Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lacey in Europe? Well, not yet!

I realized I forgot to mention in my last post my exciting news and the reason behind the url of my blog. About two weeks ago I was accepted into an internship program called camp adventure. Basically what it is a program that sends college age students abroad to work in summer camp or child development centers on US military bases. The program pays for travel expenses, my living expenses on base and some food and also a small stipend. I will also get weekends off to travel! I will be traveling to GERMANY with one of my best friends from high school Liz, we will be working in child development centers. I'm not sure exactly where in Germany I will be yet, I wont find out till about 30-45 days before I leave. the program is 17 weeks and my tentative trip dates are August 22-December 17. I am ridiculously excited, I have always wanted to travel to Europe but haven't been able to afford it. And this way I am also putting off getting a job or continuing school! It is going to be quite an adventure and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment