Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oktoberfest in Munich

It’s hard to believe I’m already in my third week here in Germany. This past weekend we went to Munich for the day since all the hotels were either super expensive or booked because of Oktoberfest. We got there around 11am and headed straight to Oktoberfest even though it was pouring. It was quite a fun and eventful day! Email me if you want the long version. I don’t have time to write it all now sine I’m on my lunch break. But it was crazy and I am so glad we went! We took a train home around 2 am which was AWFUL since it took 9 hours (the way there it only took 4) and we had 5 transfers. We arrived back to base around 11:30 am Sunday morning, very haggard and very tired. I slept all day, woke up ate dinner then went back to sleep.

Work has been good. I am in a single ratio room so I am usually by self with the kids which has it’s ups and down. Sometimes it would be nice to have another teacher to talk to or help. My kids are pretty well behaved though. Tomorrow we are going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch!

This coming weekend we are going to… PARIS. I couldn’t be more excited. The forecast says it is supposed to rain but I am really hoping that it doesn’t because that would be terrible! I am excited to stay in our first hostel too, we are staying at the Aloha Hostel. We are only able to go for 2 days so hopefully we can fit everything in that time. I’ll take lots and lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment