Sunday, October 31, 2010

October

Happy Halloween! I realize I am ridiculously behind. And I really have no good excuse why, just that I’ve been putting it off. I am going to try to keep this short and not turn this into a novel. We’ll see how that goes though, I don’t want to bore anyone.

So the weekend after Paris we took a road trip to Prague October 9th-11th since we had a 3 day weekend. We ended up just renting a car instead of the train because the train would have taken ridiculously long and it was only about a 5 hour drive. On the way we also stopped in the city of Dresden in Germany which was actually really cool. Prague was amazing though such an amazing city. The first night we got there we got lost for a few hours and couldn’t find our hostel or anywhere to park, it worked out fine though. Our hostel was great though, it was right in the middle of the main area of town. They also had a free breakfast of cereal, orange juice, coffee and ham sandwiches. Europeans are weird about breakfast. We also had to take out money once we got to Prague since the Czech republic doesn’t use the Euro, they use the Koruna (pronounced Crown). I US dollar is about 18 koruna’s. It was weird paying for things because it was ridiculously high numbers but things were actually pretty cheap. While we were there we took a free walking tour and we actually got a really good tour guide and enjoyed the tour. We saw all the main sights in Prague, did some shopping and went on a pretty fun pub crawl on Sunday night.

The following 2 weekends and this weekend we have stayed home. The week before we went to Prague Liz and I met some guys that live right across the way from us and we have become friend with them and have been hanging out with them alot. They are really nice and it’s nice to have friends out here. They have also been taking us to the commissary which is absolutely amazing since I have missed so many American food and food in general that is labeled in English. We’ve been going out with them to K-town which is fun and it’s about 30 min away. It’s nice just to sleep in too and actually get to relax on the weekends. Anyways, the guys are here working at the deployment transition center and are leaving around the same time as us. Except for 3 guys, they left this week unexpectedly. I am very sad about this, I didn’t want them to go home to the states already!

Speaking of going back to the states, I am already halfway through my time here. I only have 7 weeks left and I know time is going to fly by. I’m not really homesick, but I know I will be ready to go when December comes. I am very excited for November because we will be back to traveling and we still have so much to see!

Pub in K-town. Getting ready to go to Nach Schict, a club in K-town

Hostel in Prague. Halloween in Germany, going to Nach Schict!

No comments:

Post a Comment