Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On the floor

Workout (yesterday)
8.75 miles bike
20 min treadmill ( walking on incline)
15 min weights back and biceps
15 min elliptical
plus a whole lot of time stretching

So most of my work out yesterday was spent on the floor stretching. Super lame. Before I got the flu my left was quadriceps was bothering me time to time when I ran. I took it easy and even gave it some rest from running despite my training. It got another about 4 days of rest too when I got the flu. I've been stretching lots, yadda yadda yadda but right when I started to run on the treadmill yesterday it starts to hurt again. It's not a sharp pain but dull and doesn't seem to go away.

After doing some research it looks like I may have my first ever injury. :( Google suggests that I have a quadricep strain. Runners often get them because they are over using their calves. So I've been stretching, icing, resting and praying it doesn't hurt come Sunday because i'm sorta supposed to run 13.1 miles.

I'm going to try to stick to biking the next few days, maybe try to throw in a few miles but lots of stretching and icing too. If I really do have a strain rest is supposed to be the main cure, so im hoping that I can 80% rest now and then 100% rest after the rest and still be okay.

I just dropped little Lucy loo loo off at the groomer, hopefully she'll come back nice and pretty and smelling nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment